The fearsome Talons hate humans, and Griffin grants them Gifts geared toward the destructive, violent side of nature. All the better to repay the humans in kind for their treatment of Gaia.
• Beast Speech (Level One) — As. the Galliard Gift.
• Scent of Running Water (Level One) — As the Ragabash Gift.
• Wolf at the Door (Level One) — Some humans can’t just be splattered all over the nearest tree. Some of them have to be taught a lesson and left alive, for whatever reason. However, the Red Talons know how to make the message stick. This Gift induces a terrible dread of and respect for the forest, and it makes a human target afraid to tamper with it in any way, making them unease whenever they leave their home. This Gift functions on Kinfolk, mages, ghouls and other “supernatural” humans. Any predator spirit can teach this Gift.
• Beastmind (Level Two) — The Garou can reduce the mental faculties of his victim to that of an animal for a short time. An avatar of Griffin teaches this Gift.
• Sense of the Prey (Level Two) — As the Ragabash Gift.
• Elemental Favor (Level Three) — As the Glass Walker Gift, except that this version affects the four classic elements— fire, earth, water and air — and a natural elemental teaches it.
• Trackless Waste (Level Three) —Humans have no sense of direction, the Talons assert. With this Gift, the Garou can make certain that they don’t. The Talon employing Trackless Waste must have some familiarity with the terrain in question. Upon using the Gift, humans become hopelessly lost. Compasses malfunction, maps are misleading, and landmarks seem to be out of place. Gift lasts for four hours. A spirit of the wilderness teaches this Gift.
• Gorge (Level Four) — Natural wolves will eat as much as possible when food is available, for they never know when their next meal will arrive. With this Gift, a Red Talon can do much the same thing with Rage, Gnosis or Willpower, storing
such energy against the day when she will need it. A wolf-spirit teaches this Gift.
• Quicksand (Level Four) — The Garou turns the ground into a sticky morass that catches foes and prevents them from escaping or even walking. An earth elemental teaches this Gift.
• Curse of Lycaon (Level Five) — In the ultimate twist, this Gift allows a Red Talon to transform a human being into a wolf. This Gift also works on Garou, forcing them into Lupus form. A wolf-spirit teaches this Gift.
• Gaia’s Vengeance (Level Five) — The Garou calls to the spirits of the surrounding forest to attack intruders. The terrain responds as best it can: Rocks roll and smash, vines trip, and water sucks victims under. An avatar of Gaia herself teaches this Gift.